These delicious vegetarian sweet potato tacos can be made in no time at all!
Seasoned sweet potatoes and veggies are roasted to perfection and tucked into tortillas. Add a variety of toppings and a squeeze of lime for the perfect meal.
An Easy Meal
- These tacos deliver flavor and nutrition.
- Make up a batch or two and have quick and easy tacos, burritos, and bowls all week long!
- We also love them served as a DIY taco bar along with some tasty toppings!
- For meat lovers, this recipe can be served alongside ground beef tacos or even steak tacos. Combine the two in your tortilla!
SWEET POTATOES We peel and cut our own but you can often find them cubed in the produce section saving time!
SEASONINGS Taco seasoning is a must (and homemade is our favorite). A squeeze of lime and some fresh cilantro before serving are the perfect addition.
VEGGIES We love bell peppers and corn but you can swap in your fave veggies. Zucchini and mushrooms are great additions.
TORTILLAS Flour or corn tortillas make these sweet potato tacos perfectly portable and totally delish! Swap out tortillas for cilantro rice or Mexican rice to make a bowl.
How to Make Sweet Potato Tacos
- Toss sweet potatoes with olive oil & seasoning mix, roast according to recipe below. Add corn & peppers.
- Remove from oven & toss with lime juice & cilantro.
- Serve in heated tortillas with desired toppings.
So easy peasy!
Tips & Tricks
- For crispy roasted sweet potatoes and veggies, place the sheet pan under the broiler for 4 to 5 minutes or until they are extra browned.
- Keep tortillas soft and pliable by reheating them in the microwave or even over a gas stove directly on the flame.
- Once the mixture is cooled, it can be stored in the refrigerator for extra meals for up to 4 days.
- Freeze portions in quart-sized bags with the date labeled on the outside for up to 1 month. Thaw, reheat, and serve!
Sweet Potato Faves
Did you love these Sweet Potato Tacos? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Sweet Potato Tacos
These Sweet Potato Tacos are flavorful, colorful, and budget-friendly!
Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
Combine taco seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
Toss sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil and half of seasoning mix.
Spread sweet potatoes on the pan and roast 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, toss corn and peppers with remaining olive oil and seasoning mix. Add the vegetables to the pan with sweet potatoes and stir. Roast an additional 12-14 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
While vegetables are roasting, heat tortillas according to package directions.
Remove potato mixture from the oven and toss with lime juice and cilantro.
Serve in heated tortillas with toppings as desired.
Calories: 217, Carbohydrates: 38g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 607mg, Potassium: 390mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 6g, Vitamin A: 12349IU, Vitamin C: 14mg, Calcium: 62mg, Iron: 2mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword best sweet potato tacos, how to make sweet potato tacos, Sweet Potato Tacos, sweet potato tacos recipe
Course Dinner, Lunch, Main Course